This statement covers Big Vision Media sites and any associated content including email and RSS feeds. Please read this statement carefully before proceeding to access our site. Your use of the site indicates your agreement to abide by the Terms in effect.
Use of Content
Big Vision Media is pleased to make its original content available under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, for non-commercial reproduction with credit to the source site.
This license permits anyone to do the following with original GM content, in any medium:
- To reproduce, remix, or otherwise alter original Beyond Katrina site material so long as the logo is displayed and credit is given. This includes, specifically, permission:
- to reproduce quotes
- to reproduce screenshots of any page of a GM site
- to include original GM material in mash-ups, mixes, parodies, caricatures, etc for movies, TV, print or online
Important Note: this does not include the right to republish images from Beyond Katrina for which Big Vision Media may not the copyright holder, except in the context of a screenshot of the whole site.
Big Vision Media makes no representations or guarantees about the suitability for third-party use of content that appears on the GM sites, and licenses herewith only the content of which Big Vision Meida is the copyright holder.
RSS feed use
Big Vision Media provides a feed for its sitesIf you are using all or substantially all of a feed, we ask that you do not modify it in any way,
- Please do not add content, including any advertisements or other promotional content, to the RSS feeds.
- Big Vision Media reserves the right to object to your presentation of the RSS feeds and the right to require you to cease using the RSS feeds at any time.
- Big Vision Media further reserves the right to terminate its distribution of the RSS feeds or change the content or formatting of the RSS feeds at any time without notice to you.
- Internal links in the Site content must not be removed.
- The Site logo and/or URL should appear on each page displaying site content.
- The format or branding of the headlines, text and other information provided in the RSS feeds must not be modified.
- "More From…" links back to original Site at the end of each post must be included on content pages and may not be removed.
- Reproduction of screenshots from any Site is permissible, without prior written approval, so long as the site logo and URL is fully visible or otherwise included on the page. See above for general permissions on partial content.
- The Site logo and URL must appear prominently at the top of each section displaying site content.
- Content must appear unedited, except for replacement of hyperlinks with full URLs and use of product manufacturer's site links where appropriate.
- Images from a Site must not be used in print without you obtaining the appropriate copyright clearances yourself.
Big Vision Media provides this content "as is" and Big Vision Media shall not be held liable for your use of the information or the feeds.
Use of a Site's content, including text and images, on your site, or in print, is entirely at your discretion. Big Vision Media is not responsible for any complaints regarding content or images that you choose to display on your site or in print.
The comments sections on Big Vision Media Sites are accessible to users by registration. GM's comment user registration system has been designed so that, if the user so chooses, they can remain completely anonymous, even to us.
In order to make our comments useful and interesting, the following guidelines have been established for comment users:
- Do not post threatening, harassing, defamatory, or libelous material.
- Do not intentionally make false or misleading statements.
- Do not offer to sell or buy any product or service.
- Do not post material that infringes copyright.
- Do not post information that you know to be confidential or sensitive or otherwise in breach of the law.
- Keep all comments relevant to the particular Big Vision Site where the comment is being posted.
- Big Vision Media will not accept responsibility for information posted in the Comments.
Please note that once you post a comment to one of our sites, it becomes part of the public conversation. However, Big Vision Media reserves the right to remove comments entirely at its discretion, including for alleged violations of terms of service or legal rights.
Big Vision Media sites display images, audio, and video (the "Material") as part of blog posts written by our editors. The types of Material editors are authorized to use on Big Vision Media sites include:
- Material licensed from photographic archive and video vendors
- Material supplied to our editors or released into the public domain by public relations and marketing companies for press purposes
- Reader-submitted Material, with the implied representation that the person submitting the material owns the copyright in the material and the right to give it to us for use on our site(s)
- Material published on Flickr or other public photo / video sites with licenses granted under Creative Commons, with attribution in accordance with the CC license granted in each case
- Material commissioned by Big Vision Media
- Material that we believe to be covered by the Fair Use Doctrine, taking into account factors such as:
- The purpose and character of the use (i.e. transformation from the original, use for criticism, satire or parody
- The nature of the copyrighted work (i.e. factual or newsworthy vs creative works)
- The amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the whole (i.e. use of cropped, reduced, low-resolution Material used for no more than to convey the point made)
- The effect on the potential market for the copyrighted work (e.g. use that is not substitutive for the original, or would never be licensed in any event)
BVM Sites occasionally contain links to external, third party websites. By providing links to other sites, Big Vision Media does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to the BVM Site in question.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70809 USA